- Have you ever ran 3 miles on a treadmill and thought, “That was easy,’ but when you run 3 miles outside you think, “I thought I was in shape; that was so hard.” Running on a treadmill is a lot different from running outdoors, here are a few reasons why;
- The continuous rolling treadmill belt helps to move your legs by pulling your feet back underneath your body(less energy been used, burn less calories). Outdoors surface doesn’t give your legs momentum(MORE CALORIES BURNT)
- Outdoor elements (wind, uneven surface) demands the use of more energy(build better lungs, a more adjustable body)
- PACE is steady on a treadmill. When you run outdoors YOU HAVE TO PACE YOURSELF; if you don’t know your pace you will either UNDER or OVERCOMPENSATE which will leave you winded.
- Running outdoors helps you enjoy nature, fresh air, weather.
- More motivating (you must complete a distant goal and cant just stop and get off).
-There are great benefits of using a Treadmill including;
- Ability to change speed and incline on command
- Personal Safety
- Less stress on joints
BEEFIT TIP: If you are training for a race, you should train outdoors to properly get your body (physically and mentally prepared).
- We all want a sexy mid-section and well defined abs, but lets be realistic, there is no quick fixes or short cuts in obtaining great abs. Here’s a few tips that will help you achieve your goals.
- Perform cardio activity before your workout, (you’re able to get a better contraction, it also helps prevent abdominal pulls or strains).
- Contract your abs in between sets, (flexing and stretching between sets may help to build abdominal definition).
- Minimize rest time in between sets, (keep rest to 30-40 seconds between sets, this keeps your metabolism high,allowing you to burn more fat).
- Modify your diet (this is the main factor in determining how your abs will look. “Abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym”).
- Cutting sodium can make a huge difference in the way your abs look.
- Remember nutrition is what mainly tones!!
Helps in belly reduction
- Not digested in the stomach, and delays emptying (feel less hungry)
- Delays the absorption of nutrients
- Binds with substances in your large intestine and remove them as waste.
- Foundation for a healthy colon
- High in fiber foods:
- Apples with skin
- Bran cereal
- Brown rice
- Avocado (also has good for you fats)